Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Holy Souls Chaplet

A member shared the following with me and said I could share with you, but she wishes to remain anonymous:

I've been praying for the souls in purgatory for a few months now, and I had a funny thing start happening to me during one of my "purgatory chaplets". This particular chaplet has, in place of the Our Father, "O holy Souls draw the fire of God's love into my soul to reveal Jesus crucified in me here on earth rather than hereafter in Purgatory, Amen". About halfway through the chaplet I actually started to feel a burning sensation in my heart with each prayer. I believe this was the "fire of God's love" from the prayer. It still happens on occasion, I love it because it lets me know my prayers are doing something.

The Holy Souls Chaplet using rosary beads.

Begin as you would the rosary through the "Glory Be", then, starting on the 5th bead and on the rest of the “Our Father” beads pray:

"O Holy Souls, draw the fire of God's love into my soul to reveal Jesus Crucified in me here on earth rather than hereafter in Purgatory"

On each “Hail Mary” decade bead, pray:

"Crucified Lord Jesus, have mercy on the souls in Purgatory"

Conclude with 3 “Glory Be’s”

No comments:

Post a Comment