Friday, May 25, 2012

Praying for the souls


  • Tonight I attended the Mass and devotions at my parish that we have monthly for the souls in purgatory. I prayed for all the souls on our list. I recorded the priest's talks with my new camera, hoping to share with you but because of the acoustics in my church, it did not come out good. One thing Father said was that one time he was hospitalized with gallstones and no matter what way he turned, he could not get comfortable. He said it is the same for the souls in purgatory. They cannot help themselves, no matter how they turn. They need us!
    Also he said that from the spiritual reading he has done, he has learned that the souls in purgatory can feel physical pain even though they do not have their bodies.,
    Again, they need us. And they will be forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment