Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Souls are pleading for prayers

I just heard about two more suicides in my city last week.  Please pray for Ellen and Jennifer. That means there were at least 5 here last week.

I apologize that my posts seem so morbid, especially at Christmas, but I feel very driven to pray for these souls, many of whom do not get any prayers because people think they were not saved. Even if we pray for someone who was not saved, our prayers will go for someone else, so they are never wasted.

One day about 6 months ago or so, I was in my house alone, and I heard a voice say my name. It was an audible voice, plain as day. Then I heard a train whistle (see my story at https://sites.google.com/site/divinemercyforlostsouls). It came to me immediately that the "voice" was a soul in Purgatory pleading for my prayers.
I am guessing these souls are among the most overlooked souls for two reasons - one, that people think they were not saved, and two, that friends and family are angry with them for what they did. I don't know the exact quote, but I know Pope John Paul II said that one of the best acts of charity is to pray for the souls in Purgatory. Let us pray....

1 comment:

  1. Believe me, dear June, I know all about the voice of one from Purgatory pleading for prayers + Bless you for maintaining this website - invaluable!

    ReplyDelete